Search & Win

Thursday, July 7, 2011

My 1st Anniversary with the Best Hubby Ever!

Our wedding day
  Today was one year from the day that I wed my Hubby, at a casual outdoor ceremony at the park, on one of the hottest days of the summer, surrounded by about 50 of our friends and family.  We were married by one of my very good friend's husband and, despite it being a planned-in-twelve-days throw-together wedding, it was one of the happiest days of my life! 






This morning, I woke up and rolled over to take my Synthroid, my thyroid replacement.  (It's the first thing I do since I am supposed to wait between a half-hour to an hour to eat or drink.)  As I laid back down in bed, I hear Hubby say, "you might as well get up, we are getting breakfast in bed."  Princess had planned an elaborate anniversary morning for us!  She came in wearing her beautiful white dress with our cups of coffee and....our 80 lb. puppy Charlie thought it was an excellent time to jump on the bed and be absolutely thrilled to see her!  Lol!

Thankfully, Princess's dress was spared any damage, however, I found myself , Charlie, half the bed,  and 2 or 3 of the cats doused with coffee!  Fortunately, she had let them cool off some before bringing them!  Next, she treated us to a plate with 2 pieces of toast, scrambled eggs, and (cooked through...lol!) dippy eggs each.  When I got out of bed, I saw the big banner across the hallway doorway that said, "Happy Anniversary!" 
The banner

Princess had really put a lot of thought and research into our special day, as she presented us with a paper covered box containing beautiful paper sashes for both of us.  (I believe paper is the traditional first anniversary gift.)  Of course, we were showered with cards from all the kids.  Princess also made me a little ring which I wore until it broke later in the day.  :(  Dizzie gave us a little vase she'd acquired.
Our sashes
My new ring next to my wedding ring
One of the cards the kids made

I was overwhelmed with joy for the wonderful man sharing this morning with me and the love I felt for my kids, who usually drive me insane...though I know they love me.  Then, almost as if waking from a dream, Bubby and Corky were fighting over something and Dizzie was yelling.  Charlie was running through the house barking and jumping on everyone.  Life was back to the normal chaos!  But hey, it's all I know and couldn't imagine a boring life without it all....ha ha! 
One of our other cards

No comments: