Search & Win

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

A Lazy Day to Recover

I cannot believe it is already almost a week into July!  So much has happened in the last year!  Hubby and I got married, he started his job at the foundry, Baby Girl moved out (and is now moving back in...lol!), the kids have all grown and changed so much, and my fibromyalgia and cancer diagnoses.  The latter brought with them a lot of time spent in doctor office waiting rooms, getting tests done, and waiting for results.

Even this last week was a challenge, which they usually are around holidays.  I get very frustrated at not having the stamina and strength I used to have.  Two years ago, I was going to the gym a few times a week and was able to lift (with ease) over 60 lbs. and could leg press over 130 lbs.  Today, I am lucky to have the strength to carry my purse out the van.  I remember running around 18 hours a day...now it takes all I have to not sleep 18 hours a day.

I try to think of it as God's way of telling me to slow down, but it is still a struggle.  I am not used to feeling weak and worthless.  Two years ago, I was the single mom of five kids, working two part-time jobs, and going to school full-time.  Yes, life has changed a lot, but even though things are not as I had initially planned, all of it is helping grow me into a better person.  I know that, I accept that, I embrace that...but I never said it was not exhausting.  Good thing that I have always liked a challenge!

No comments: