Search & Win

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Another Day in "Paradise"

Today was an exceptionally difficult day with the kids.  Their behavior has been completely out-of-control and creating a lot of unnecessary extra stress for Hubby and me.  I know that it is all "typical" behavior...not cleaning their rooms, not doing chores without numerous reminders, doing things they were told not too, etc....but it does not make it any easier to deal with.  And I know that part of the issue is simply that there are 4 kids here all the time, with Baby Girl wanting to come back home, and Ape here only on the weekends.  There is just not enough me to go around, it seems.

I had to take Corky to the dentist today, after noticing that his first permanent teeth were coming in behind his baby teeth....instead of pushing them out.  He was really anxious, since his visit last year to Kool Smiles resulted in 3 "silver teeth," as he calls them.  It was not a pleasant experience for him once the numbness wore off.  After a lot of convincing from me and the dental tech, and her providing Corky with sunglasses (to shield his eyes from the bright light) and a little handheld mirror (so he could see what she was doing), his teeth were clean.  He was overjoyed to get a new toothbrush, toothpaste, and little claw-like grabber toy.  The dentist said it should not be much longer before the baby teeth come out and Corky's tongue should push the other teeth forward and in place.

I did manage to get outside for a little bit this evening when it was a bit cooler.  I pulled some weeds and dead-headed my lilies and daisies before dragging myself back in.  It breaks my heart to see my yard and flowers in such disarray.  Two years ago, I spent the majority of my free time out caring for them and was so proud of my hard work.  But, at least it looks better than last year, when I was unable to do much of anything outside.

I know the future will be brighter and that the Lord has many good things in store for me, it is just hard to see at times.  This entire past year has been an amazing testimony to God's power and His love for me.  I praise Him for leading me back to His arms, where I belong.  Without His presence in my life, I hate to think of where I would be.  Days like today are rough on me, but as long as I remind myself that I have God, family, and amazing friends to help me though it all, I know I'll be just fine.

1 comment:

Edith said...

I haven't seen your yard ultra recently but every time I do drive past I always think it looks nice. Hang in there.

I can only imagine having 6 kids around all the time...3 is more than enough for me some days.

Love ya,
edith